with Treasure Cohen
The next meeting will be Sunday, March 30th, 4:00-6:00 p.m., theme: Pesach.
Jewish Discovery Zone is a 2-hour holiday-based program of fun, positive, and enriching Jewish learning experiences for young children to share with their “grown-ups” (parents/grandparents/caregiver) Each program contains crafts, music, stories, games, a “celebration” sit-down snack or dinner, and take-home materials that will give families a joyful introduction to Jewish celebrations with the skills, tools, and understanding they need to build Jewish identity and “bring it home.” It will also provide an opportunity for families to come together to socialize, ask Jewish questions, and experience Jewish rituals in an environment that is encouraging, non-threatening, and offers the support of community mentors. Cost for materials to be determined.
GET READY FOR PASSOVER–THE CHILD-FRIENDLY WAY!
Sunday, March 30th, 4:00-6:00pm
- Make wonderful keepsakes for your seder table
- Create a Moses in the bullrushes terrarium.
- Go on a “hametz” treasure hunt (and find out what hametz is)
- Enjoy Passover songs and puppet story
- Make your own chocolate-covered matzah
- Light supper for the whole family